AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueHD vs. DD+ audio sync - Constantine

2K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  eps3 
#1 ·
Is anybody else having problems with lip sync in TrueHD? I didn't try TrueHD until I got the 2.0 FW (which has been working fine for me otherwise). The only title I have with TrueHD is Constantine. When I play it with TrueHD, the sync is definitely off. If I switch back to DD+, the sync is good again. I've tried pauses and other operations to help it find sync again, it seems to stay quite consistent.

#4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by plazman
I am assuming you are using analog and not digital/coax for audio.

I've had no problems, so maybe try rebooting a couple of times. May help....
Yes, I meant to say I was using analog. I've powered down and back up a few times since the upgrade, that would reboot the machine, I would think...

Thanks for the feedback though, sounds like it's something in my setup. Maybe it's just my Constantine disc, when I get a different disc with TrueHD, I'll try that.

#5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrporter
Yes, I meant to say I was using analog. I've powered down and back up a few times since the upgrade, that would reboot the machine, I would think...
Actually, powering up and down is just kind of like "standby." For a full reboot, hold the power button down until the machine resets.

#9 ·
Quote:
I did have dialogue enhancement off, but thanks for the suggestion. I need to try rebooting, do you hold down the power button from a power on or off state, or doesn't it matter?
Old fashion way seems to always work...

- pull plug

- count to 10 (slow)

- plug it back in

;)

#12 ·
Why not use the lipsync control on your processor / receiver? . That's what it is there for...

Glad to see that HDMI is a non-issue with this.

#14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland
Why not use the lipsync control on your processor / receiver? . That's what it is there for...

Glad to see that HDMI is a non-issue with this.
I don't think my receiver has anything to help with the analog inputs (Pioneer 815). Not a big deal, if the sync bothers me enough I can use the DD+, just thought I'd see if this was common or not...

#15 ·
Quote:
I don't think my receiver has anything to help with the analog inputs (Pioneer 815). Not a big deal, if the sync bothers me enough I can use the DD+, just thought I'd see if this was common or not...
Doesn't appear to be common, this is the first I've heard of it. My setup does not suffer from this problem.

#16 ·
I updated my player to 2.0 last night and spun Constantine, I had an uncorrectable lip-sync issue with TrueHD. I did not try DD+ or spin Phantom to see if it's there as well.

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron-P
I updated my player to 2.0 last night and spun Constantine, I had an uncorrectable lip-sync issue with TrueHD. I did not try DD+ or spin Phantom to see if it's there as well.
Hmm, I just watched this yesterday with no problems with either track (started out in DD+ on accident). :)

#18 ·
I've noticed lip sync issues particularly with enabling TrueHD on Batman Begins, on my Xbox 360 with HD DVD drive.

I think the sync may be slightly off sometimes with DD+ as well with this title, but it's very close. However, with TrueHD, it's quite noticeable.

#20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedra12
I rented Constantine 2 nights ago. I played it on my 360 and also noticed some slight lip sync issues. I put it in the mail and forgot to try it out on my A1. :( Guess I'll have to run out and buy it.
Just with TrueHD, or with both tracks?

I'm getting it with Batman Begins, mainly with the TrueHD track.

Xbox 360 --> optical --> Zektor switcher --> optical --> Kenwood receiver.

Xbox 360 --> component --> Zektor switcher --> component --> Toshiba CRT

I have no lip sync issues with HD from my PVR or from my DVD player. All are hooked up the same way.

#21 ·
I started a poll on this issue with the Xbox 360 HD DVD here , in case you're interested.

#23 ·
audio sync problems with xbox 360 hd-dvd add-on

I noticed significant lip sync problems with "grand Prix" hd-dvd. To my eyes and ears the voices are delayed compared to video. It was so noticeable to me that i thought i was watching a dubbed foreign film. I can understand, however, how many would overlook it if they were not paying close attention. According to review of this hd-dvd at high-def digest website this movie has "dolby digital plus" soundtrack only. Their review makes no mention of audiosync problems, which makes me suspect that the 360 add-on is the culprit. Unfortunately, I do not possess a stand alone hd-dvd player to do a/b comparison. FWIW i am using official xbox 360 hd/av cable with optical into a yamaha receiver. sony 32" xbr1 lcd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.